TACE HEALTH CLINIC
Tenderloin Area Center of Excellence Health Clinic—or TACE—is the leading community-based health care provider for people living with HIV in the Tenderloin. We offer health, hope, and home to all under-served people—of any race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, or immigration status.
What We Believe
We believe in a healthy Tenderloin neighborhood that includes our most vulnerable residents living with HIV. We believe that all people living with HIV should have access to high-quality, consistent health care that respects their rights and values. No one should fall through the cracks. At TACE, no one is invisible.
Who We Serve
We work with people living with HIV in San Francisco's Tenderloin neighborhood, particularly those who have severe needs but limited access to health care, including:
- The homeless and marginally-housed
- People living with substance use and/or mental health issues
- Gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender people and their partners (including bisexual, downe or down-low, and straight-identified sex partners)
- Immigrants and refugees, including people who do not speak English
- Sex workers
What We Do
We provide seamless access to primary health care and support services for people living with HIV in the Tenderloin. We work with our clients to help them stay in treatment and on the path to wellness. Our HIV prevention services are geared toward people living with HIV so they can develop skills and behaviors that keep their sexual and drug using partners safe. All services are free.
- Primary health care for people living with HIV
- Medical case management
- Mental health assessments, individual and group counseling
- Substance abuse counseling and support groups
- Client navigation
- Peer advocacy
- Social support groups
- Outreach and linkage to care services
- Linkage to dental care services provided by SFDPH's Community Oriented Primary Care
TACE clients must be HIV positive San Francisco residents with severe need and/or substance use or mental health issues*. Clients must access one or more services at TACE (mental health counseling, case management, or medical services with Tom Waddell Health Clinic).
*as defined by the SFDPH AIDS Office’s HIV Health Section
How to Apply
To become a client, you must meet with a TACE staff person for an intake and assessment. You can make an appointment by phone or drop in during regular business hours.
Location & Hours
TACE Health Clinic
730 Polk Street, 4th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94109
Hours: Monday–Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (office is closed from 12–1pm for lunch).
Closed Wednesday's after 1 p.m.
TACE Health Clinic is a program of Asian & Pacific Islander Wellness Center and a critical link in San Francisco Department of Public Health's integrated system of HIV care in the Tenderloin. TACE primary health care services are made possible through a partnership with Tom Waddell Health Clinic.